Saturday, 24 July 2010

Prayer meme

I've noticed this prayer meme travelling through the blogs I read and unbelievably it has reached my blog through Scottish Catholic Teuchtar and his great blog with its Scottish focus, something which obviously interests me greatly.
Anyway, my three favourite prayers are:

1. The Angelus. I try to say this everyday at noon and at 6 o'clock. Often I recite it and then just get on with my day, but very frequently the simple recitation of Bible verses recalling the Incarnation just overwhelm me. See my previous post on it.

2. The De Profundis. The psalm occurs each Wednesday for Compline in the Divine Office, and I look forward to it. (Indeed this week I was heartily disappointed and annoyed with myself when I recited Tuesday's Compline again instead of Wednesday's). It both reminds us of our sinfulness in the depths of the world, reminds us to always watch for the Lord and then recalls the fact that the Lord redeems.

3. And finally, like Scottish Catholic Teuchtar, the Anima Christi. I was definitely influenced by the fact that my confirmation saint, St Ignatius Loyola, included this prayer before his spiritual exercises.

Unfortunately, I have no one to tag, as everyone I would tag has received it already. Nevertheless, I recommend, along with Scottish Catholic Teuchtar above, Seraphic Spouse.

1 comment: