Monday, 4 October 2010

Everybody's Special

I had difficulty in deciding whether to post this here or on the Ulaan Bataar blog instead. Here is a delightful song which I learnt in 2006 on my trip to Lourdes with the archdiocese. The others in the youth group taught me this song. Here it is as it was sung to me:

Ooh Sprachmeister don't you know
that you are very special!
You're so special to us all!
So come if you will
and join our circle.
Everybody's special,
special in God's circle of love.

Then they turned on... I mean turned to my friend Jamie, and sang:

Ooh Jamie don't you know
that you are very special!
You're so special to us all!
So come if you will
and join our circle.
Everybody's special,
special in God's circle of love.

This then went on around all 20 plus members of the youth group, and then some others too. This was as we went on a trip aux Pyrénées.

I'm still trying to work out a way of demonstrating the tune on blogger. So far, and luckily for you, I haven't found any.

Meanwhile, while I was in my final year at school, we had to take the new first years of high school (about 11/12 years old and generally quite obnoxious, though not at the beginning) into groups (my group went to the chaplaincy for this) and do activities with them. I suggested, as a way of learning their names, we sang that song in turn to each of them, letting them know too that they were ALL special. Surprisingly, the others rejected this idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment