Sunday, 14 November 2010

Reminiscing of the days in Nantes

Today I watched a video that featured on the website of the FSSP parish in Nantes, which is by far the best parish I have EVER been to. Here is the video, which looks back over the past year at the parish. Almost all of the events featured took place after I left, but what you can gather from the video is that it is a truly "living" parish, dedicated to forming young peoples lives so that they are well-rounded and properly equipped to deal with the vicissitudes of life, if you pardon the cliché, and also to preach the gospel by their way of living. It is entirely contrary to the popular yet gravely dishonest caricature of being sour and grumpy folk that traditionalists are often portrayed as. No, theirs is a parish where one cannot help but notice the love of Christ acted out in its members' devotion. The two priests were also excellent confessors and I can say that my time there was the most spiritually consoling and helpful time in my life. Oh how I miss it!

No comments:

Post a Comment