It was with some sadness that I read an article in the Scotland on Sunday today concerning a male contraceptive injection. According to the article, the injection is only needed every two months or so and that it dramatically reduces the sperm count during that period, often down to nil.
The consequences of this are obvious, yet society seems to be totally oblivious to it. Many people are still taken in by threats of overpopulation and I worry that it continues to give the impression that children are a burden, something to put up with.
Furthermore, this comes at a time when the government is encouraging more immigration in order to boost the population which is set to shrink in the future. Instead of a population pyramid we'll have what my geography teacher described as a "population coffin."
Madness, I tell you, madness!
It will only lead to sadness.
No comments:
Post a Comment