Oh dear - sometimes reading the internet can be a mistake. I came across a Catholic blog which mentioned a book concerning EWTN, and how it's now basically turned modernist, and what's worse, modernist with some genuine orthodoxy, meaning that people receive truth with falshood. I read on and read some reviews about the book in forums etc., and found that people said that while there may be some truth in it, the author of the book is extremely traditionalist and so you have to take it with a pinch of salt. But then you look into the background of the person who wrote that and... well, you get the picture.
I was shocked (as were a few people when they heard this accusation, from what the forums said) that EWTN was actually dangerous to watch. Having just moved to France and having little else to do, I started watching it in my room from the very same laptop that I'm sitting at right now. It has helped me pass the time and I liked the devotional aspect of it, such as the Litanies and the Rosary lead by Mother Angelica.
(Incidentally, what is clear from the many reviews and forums and excerpts from the book is that when Mother Angelica ran it, it really WAS very orthodox - even the author of the book praises her courage in her stance against liberal Bishops in the US).
But now it's infiltrated by Modernism. I really need to read Pascendi Dominici Gregis and Lamentabili Sane again - I still have trouble identifying what is Modernist (which I suppose is the danger!). Have I said Modernist things? Looking at my previous post, perhaps I have? All this makes one just want to shut up and never leave the house.
Then I remember - the narrow gate. The path that leads to life is by the small gate and narrow path. Better keep reading then...
No comments:
Post a Comment